The Student News Site of Pace High School

Pacer NYC

Pacer NYC

Pacer NYC

School Leadership Team Plans for End of Year and Next

On May 13, the School Leadership Team (SLT) met to converse about the events that have occurred during the months of April and May.

The SLT is composed of an assortment of school figures, involving the administration, parents, teachers, and students, all of whom aid in evaluating current programs that operate in the school, partaking in decision-making, and developing policies to make the school more culturally collaborative.

As of May 2024, principal Glatz, teachers Mr. Peterson and Mr. Jallot, parent Ms. Bossia, and seniors Noelani Getfield and Adrian Paulino are the members of the organization. SLT meetings are held on a monthly basis: this meeting was an exception, however, for it was the first meeting to occur since March.

Mr. Glatz explained that next year, a biology class will replace the living environment course as the designated life science class for the incoming freshmen. The offering of an earth science class is also  tentative. As for the seniors, a statistics class will become available, having it follow a set curriculum.

An AP fair for interested students was also suggested by Adrian Paulino. The AP fair, similar to club fairs, could promote AP classes to students, informing them of the classes’ content and expectations.

In the terms of SGO’s future plans, Noelani Getfield announced that it wants to host a Spring Festival, as it did the previous year. Currently, the organization wants to include an assembly and a barbecue in the programming of the festival, along with the fair games. The date of the festival, however, has not been finalized, for there have been concerns regarding the festival’s close proximity to the Regents exams.

The SLT, at the conclusion of the school year, will have to evaluate the principal’s performance, which is then sent to the community district or superintendent. Furthermore, it is the duty of the SLT to conceive the school’s Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP): the array of ideas regarding a school’s developments.