The Student News Site of Pace High School

Pacer NYC

Pacer NYC

Pacer NYC

Eliza Rodriguez Is at Your Service at Five Guys

photo Joseph Landy
“I feel like with the job comes a lot of responsibility. You need to learn how to manage different things at the same time.” – Eliza Rodriguez

Eliza Rodriguez is at your service at Five Guys. Rodriguez is ready whenever you are, with a great, genuine personality just waiting for your order. She is full of energy and is ready to brighten up people’s day. She doesn’t enjoy her work as much but does enjoy having the independence and the responsibilities it comes with.

What’s your job? And can you describe what you do?

So basically I work at Five Guys. I’m a cashier. But I also clean tables and stuff. I have customer service. I talk to the people, ask them how their day is going, take their orders and clean up after themselves.

What’s the most interesting thing at your job?

I say the most interesting thing is seeing how different people react on a day to day. You know, some people have different reactions when you ask them how they’re doing. Some people answer, some people don’t. That’s really interesting, getting to know new people.

What’s your least favorite thing about your job?

Cleaning up. Some people just don’t know, Like they don’t have decency. They don’t have manners. They don’t clean up after themselves, But, you know, it’s whatever.

How many hours do you work? Are you eligible for full time work?

No, I’m not eligible for full-time because I do go to school, And I’m underage. But, I work at least 24 to 26 hours a week.

Do you have to leave school early to attend this job?

If I didn’t talk to my manager about switching my time, then I would, but no.

Does your job affect your grades?

Honestly, it did, but you really have to find a balance. At first, I was letting too much of my work life interfere with my school life, but then I came to a balance. So now I’m good.

Do you think you gain more independence after getting this job?

Absolutely. I feel like with the job comes a lot of responsibility. You need to learn how to manage different things at the same time.