The Student News Site of Pace High School

Pacer NYC

Pacer NYC

Pacer NYC

Intriguing Senior with Intriguing Advice

photo Gary Thomas
“My advice for juniors is not to slack off just because the weather is getting hot outside, or whatever the case may be. Do not slack off on your studies.”

Nasly Peralta was interviewed about the hardship and how she felt being a senior. She has been a member of the track and field team since her freshman year.

This interview has been condensed and edited.

Is there any advice you can give juniors?

My advice for juniors is not to slack off just because the weather is getting hot outside, or whatever the case may be. Do not slack off on your studies because when you start applying to colleges and you do the whole college application process, the grades that actually matter are your junior grades, and the colleges won’t see the first semester of your senior grades until months later.

How is your senioritis doing?

I’m not going to lie, it’s not going very well but you know, we’re getting through it and that’s all that matters.

What’s the most stressful thing about being a senior, and what is the best thing about being a senior?

The most stressful thing at the moment, it’s just like trying to figure out what college I want to attend. I want to do nursing, and I don’t know if I should stay here because of the amount of opportunities that New York City has, or if I should go upstate to explore new things. At the same time, it’s just like, why would I go away when I have everything that I need in the city?

What are your plans for college?

The best thing right now being a senior is the fact that I’m graduating. You know, we have the senior trip coming up. We got prom. We lit.

How are you feeling about prom?

Oh, I can’t wait for prom. I’m definitely gonna eat like I’m gonna eat me and my girls. We’re gonna eat.